KADIN / WOMAN 2000
Kadın Araştırmaları Dergisi / Journal for Woman Studies
Eastern Mediterranean University
Center for Women’s Studies
Notes for Contributors
1) Essays should be sent to the following e-mail address. email@example.com
2) Kadın / Woman 2000 publish in Turkish and English.
3) Manuscripts submitted to KADIN / WOMAN 2000 is expected to contain original work and should not have been published in an abridged or other form elsewhere. Acceptance of a paper will imply assignment of copyright by its author to KADIN / WOMAN 2000 and EMU Press; but the author will be free to use the material in subsequent publications written or edited by the author provided that acknowledgment is made of KADIN / WOMAN 2000 as the place of the original publication.
4) All ideas, views, hypothesis or theories published in KADIN / WOMAN 2000 are the sole responsibility of the authors and they do not reflect the ideas, views or policies of Eastern Mediterranean University or Center for the Women's Studies.
5) All manuscripts are assessed by at least two academic referees without any sign of the author(s)’ identity and the evaluation of referees without their names are sent to the author by the chief editor.
6) The publisher and editors reserve the right to copyedit and proofread all the articles accepted for the publication. Copy of edited manuscripts will be sent to authors prior to publication.
1) Contributors must submit their manuscripts electronically including the original figures and tables to the editor.
2) Manuscripts must be typed in double-spaced, with Times New Roman 12 font. The length of the articles should not exceed 9000 words and the book reviews may be around 500-2500 words.
3) The spelling guidelines of The Foundation of Turkish Language for the Turkish manuscripts must be taken as standard for the spelling of loan words in Turkish. Loanwords accepted in English usage should be spelled in accordance with the Oxford English Dictionary and its supplements. Other foreign words must be written in Italics and explained in parenthesis or at deep notes if necessary.
4) Manuscripts must consist of the title page, the abstract pages, both in Turkish and in English, the main article, appendix, tables, figure captions, figures, end notes, the correspondence address of the author. All these must be written on separate pages. Articles sent in both languages Turkish and English will be published together.
a. A title page should be prepared carrying the article title consisting of not more than 10-12 words (maximum 50 characters including the spaces), author’s full name (in the form preferred for publication), and author’s affiliation including mailing address.
b. Abstracts, not exceeding 300 words both in Turkish and English must begin from new pages. Below these the ‘Key Words’ and ‘Anahtar Kelimeler’ (not more than 10 words) must be added.
c. The article must begin from a fresh page.
d. References should be given in the text in this format: (Surname of the Author, Year of publication and page(s) quoted), (Brown, 2003: 23). Other additional information may be numbered consecutively and appear as footnotes.
e. Quoted unpublished material should have full location reference.
f. Tables and figures should have captions and numbers. The captions of the tables and figures must be written on the top, and references and explanations related to the figures must be written below the table.
g. Original drawings or pictures must be submitted in a form ready for the printer. Each illustration should bear a number. Captions should be presented separately on a sheet at the end of the manuscript and should be identified by number.
h. Equations should be numbered consequently. Equation numbers should appear in parentheses at the right margin. In cases where the derivation of formulae has been abbreviated, it is of great help to the referees if the full derivation can be presented on a separate sheet (not to be published).
i. The references quoted or referred in the text must be listed alphabetically in the ‘References’ in this format: Surname initial of the name of the author (date of publication). Full title of the book (in italic) or full title of the article/chapter (in regular font) and The name of the journal/book (in italic), the place of publication: publisher, pages of the article published in the journal. Quoted unpublished material should have full location reference.
Foucault M. (1979). Discipline and Punishment: The Birth of the Prison . Harmondsworth: Penguin Books.
Van Dijk T. A. (2006). Discourse and Manipulation, Discourse and Society, 17 (2):359-383.
5) The points not mentioned here please consult APA style or Hacker, D. (2004) "APA" A Pocket Style Manual. Boston, New York: Bedford/St. Martin's:155-182.
6) Articles that do not obey these rules will be returned to the author for the necessary changes. Papers not accepted by the editorial board will be sent back to the author together with the original figures and tables.
Kadın / Woman 2000
Center for Women's Studies
Eastern Mediterranean University
Faculty of Business and Economics- Annex Building
Gazimağusa - North Cyprus
(Via Mersin 10 - Turkey)
Tel: (+90 392) 630 2269
Fax: (+90 392) 392 365 1017